How can I un-encrypt my academic transcript for my Sun Devil CareerLink account?
ASU’s online transcripts are PDF documents that have an embedded encryption and due to this encryption will create an error message when uploading to your Sun Devil CareerLink account. Therefore you must first remove this encryption before attempting to upload this PDF file to your account.
You have the following options to convert your PDF transcript:
- If you own a copy of Adobe Acrobat "Professional" follow these steps:
- Open the document
- Click “File”
- Click “Properties”
- Open the drop down next to the word “Security Method” and select “No Security”
- Click “OK”
- Save your document
- You will now be able to upload your PDF transcript direclty to your Sun Devil CareerLink account
- If you have access to a scanner you can scan a hardcopy of your transcripts and save them to a new PDF file which will not be encrypted. This new PDF file can then be upload directly into your Sun Devil CareerLink account..
- If you do not have a scanner or own a copy of Adobe Acrobat “Professional” or another comparable PDF editor that will allow you to change the security setting please email an original PDF version of your ASU transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the encryption for you. Once the encryption has been removed your PDF file will be emailed back to you and you will be able to upload it directly into your Sun Devil CareerLink account.